The Kerr Center’s “Oklahoma Pollinator Preservation and Education Program” was honored on Sept. 17 with the 2015 Henry Bellmon Award for Environmental Stewardship.
Job Opening: Executive Program Assistant/ Accounts Payable Clerk
Executive Program Assistant/Accounts Payable Clerk
- Well-developed organizational and critical thinking skills
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office suite software products
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience including professors and sustainable agriculture practitioners requiring fairness, tact and diplomacy
- Anticipates program needs and takes the initiative to address them
- Ability to track and adhere to deadlines
Minimum Requirements Preferred: Bachelors’ degree in related field or corresponding work experience. Grant writing ability is a plus.
Executive Program Assistant to the President for Educational Program Activities including the Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Professional Development Program (SARE-PDP). For more information see www.southernsare.org/Professional-Development.
- Provide administrative support, including drafting correspondence & reports
- Plan and facilitate meetings, farm tours and workshops
- Make travel arrangements
- Review budgets and required paperwork
- Maintain up-to-date contract files for program grants
- Track deadlines for various reports and grants
- Act as liaison between the State PDP representatives and Univ. of Georgia
- Job requires travel to two meetings per year
Accounts Payable Clerk
- Prepare bills weekly for payment, including coding, getting appropriate signatures, filing
- Utility record-keeping and reporting
- Reconcile monthly bank statements
- Assist in grant billing by maintaining receipts throughout the quarter.
Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Supervision: This position is supervised by David Redhage, President.
Anyone interested in this position should submit a cover letter and resume along with three references to Liz Speake, Kerr Center for Sustainable Agriculture, 24456 Kerr Road, Poteau, OK 74953, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary will be commensurate with skills, experience and education. Benefit package included. Applications will be taken until the position is filled.