Field Notes – November 2016
With the Thanksgiving holiday just past, we’re reflecting on some of the things we’re thankful for:
– We’re thankful for non-chemical approaches to preventing pest damage to crops.
– We’re thankful that a cow’s mouth can tell us whether she’s ready to be culled, or may be good for another calf.
– We’re thankful that some of the oldest agricultural traditions on the continent are still relevant in a modern organic home or market garden.
– We’re thankful that some of our most abundant native grasses provide winter habitat for valuable pollinator species.
– We’re thankful that there are so many informative and helpful sustainable agriculture events on the calendar.
As always, we’re also deeply thankful for your support!Field Notes – November 2016 (PDF, 860 KB)