Emergency Haying & Grazing on CRP Land

emergency haying grazing crp

The USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) has updated its list and map of counties where Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) lands are eligible to be used for emergency haying and grazing.

After the last day of the primary nesting season (July 1 in Oklahoma), CRP acres in counties designated as severe drought (D2) or greater by the U.S. Drought Monitor are eligible for emergency haying or grazing.

Before haying or grazing eligible acres, producers must submit a request for CRP emergency haying or grazing to the FSA, and obtain a modified conservation plan from the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS). Emergency grazing is authorized for up to 90 days and emergency haying is authorized for up to 60 days.

In Oklahoma, currently eligible counties include Atoka, Beckham, Bryan, Caddo, Canadian, Carter, Choctaw, Cimarron, Coal, Custer, Grady, Greer, Harmon, Harper, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnston, Kiowa, Love, Marshall, Murray, Roger Mills, Texas, and Washita.

Further information, including a map and table of currently eligible counties, and a fact sheet on haying and grazing CRP land, is available from the program website.


Sign Up for Our Newsletter