Deadline: Oklahoma Specialty Crop Block Grants
The Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food & Forestry (ODAFF) is currently accepting applications for the Specialty Crop Block Grant Program.
To be eligible for this grant, projects must enhance the competitiveness of specialty crops in either domestic or foreign markets and must provide a benefit to more than just the applicant. Specialty crops are defined as fruits, vegetables, tree nuts, dried fruits, horticulture, and nursery crops (including floriculture).
Projects will be evaluated on how well they enhance the competitiveness of Oklahoma’s specialty crops, soundness and quality of the project plan, measurable outcomes and return on investment. Grant funds will not be awarded for projects that solely benefit a particular commercial product or provide a profit to a single organization, institution, or individual. Single organizations, institutions, and individuals are encouraged to participate as project partners.
Projected Grant Timeline
- February 2020 – Announce grant opportunity and publish request for proposals.
- March 19, 2020 – Submission deadline for proposals.
- April 2020 – Proposals evaluated and selected for inclusion in Oklahoma’s State Plan to USDA-AMS.
- May 2020 – Submit Oklahoma’s State Plan to USDA-AMS.
- October 2020 Award announcement from USDA-AMS