The National Wildlife Federation is rewarding the photographs that best illustrate the faces of Garden for Wildlife through striking color images showing the impact of habitat gardens, on wildlife and people – in urban, suburban and rural settings on land, in the air and in the water. Every entry also helps support the conservation mission of the National Wildlife Federation, which is dedicated to saving wildlife species and their habitats.
The 2021 contest features the following five categories:
- People in the Wildlife Garden
- Certified Wildlife Habitat Landscapes
- Wildlife Observations Where People Live, Work, Play, Learn and Worship
- Close-up Native Plants and their Wildlife Visitors
- Young Habitat Photographers: For photographers age 13-17
Entry Packages: Your fee helps support the National Wildlife Federation’s work to protect wildlife and wild places. There is no limit on the total number of images allowed.
- Enter up to 20 photos for $25 (BEST VALUE, includes free one-year digital subscription of National Wildlife)
- Enter up to fifteen photos for $20
- Enter up to ten photos for $15
- Grand Prize: $1,000 cash prize
- Runner-Up: $500 cash prize
- Category Winners (5 total): Each will receive a 12-pack Garden for Wildlife Native Plant Collection ($118 value)
- Runner-Up Category Winners (5 total): Each will receive a 6-pack Garden for Wildlife Native Plant Collection ($68 value)
- Honorable Mentions: National Wildlife Federation Calendar
For more information or to enter, visit the contest website, or contact the National Wildlife Federation at 1-800-822-9919.