Southern SARE is offering a free webinar this summer on its On-Farm Research Grants program. “Building Relationships Between Researchers and Farmers in Sustainable Ag” is designed for ag professionals in the Southern region interested in partnering with farmers/ranchers on sustainable agriculture research. On-Farm Research Grants are a funding opportunity for ag researchers, Cooperative Extension specialists, county agents, government researchers, and NGOs to explore sustainable agriculture methods on farmers’ farms or research farms.
The 60-minute Power Point webinar session, including a Q&A, will be held on two dates – June 30 and September 1. Registrants will receive a Zoom invite via email. The webinar will be recorded and posted to the Southern SARE website at a later date for those who are unable to attend.
The webinar will cover the following topics:
• An overview of the SSARE program (who we are and what we do);
• Basic information on On-Farm Research Grants (qualification requirements and selecting a research topic);
• Details of the Call for Proposals covering each section of the Call, including budgets and outreach;
• How a proposal is reviewed and why proposals are rejected;
• Tips for writing a strong proposal; and
• Step-by-step instructions for submitting a proposal to SSARE’s online submission system.
For more information or to register, visit the registration page, or contact Candace Pollock-Moore by email or phone (770-412-4786).