Tulsa County Master Composter Training Classes
Signup begins February 1 for the Tulsa County Master Composter classes, with 8 sessions running from March 30 – May 18.
This series of classes and field trip experiences is:
• Intended to provide participants with an in-depth understanding of the composting process
• Designed to equip participants with the knowledge and tools needed to compost successfully and to become more environmentally conscious
• Taught by seasoned master composters; OSU & OU professors and other educators; commercial composters; and well-respected public and private sector experts.
The primary goal, however, of this program is to train new master composters. If a participant is interested in attaining a Master Composter Certification, he/she will be expected to:
• Attend all classes and complete the weekly assignments and short quizzes
• Complete 30 volunteer hours and an educational, composting-related project
Note: Every participant working toward a master composter certification will be provided with assistance in deciding on and completing his/her project.
WHEN: The new class will begin March 30, 2020 and will run for eight consecutive Monday evenings. Seating is limited.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: EVERYONE who is interested in learning how to compost successfully and/or achieving a Master Composter Certification.
WHERE: Classes will be conducted at the OSU Extension Center at the Tulsa Fairgrounds, 4116 E. 15th Street.
HOW MUCH: Tuition for this program is $65.00 and class hours can be used to fulfill continuing education requirements for Tulsa Master Gardeners and possibly other organizations.
Please note that after registration and payment, no refunds can be given. However, if you find yourself unable to attend the 2020 class after you have paid, you are invited to attend the 2021 class at no additional charge.
For more information or to register, visit the class website, or contact Tulsa County Master Gardeners by email or phone (918-746-3701).