Fifteen participants absorbed a concentrated dose of education on sustainable livestock management at the Kerr Center’s grazing workshop on June 9, 2018. The Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma sponsored the workshop.
This summary of the workshop contains links to all materials, both for participants who’d like an electronic copy, and for those unable to attend. For those looking to learn still more, the Kerr Center’s livestock library contains many more resources on sustainable livestock husbandry.
Introduction to Grazing – Will Lathrop
– Benefits of Grazing Management
Plant ID – David Redhage, Simon Billy
– Plant Identification Worksheet
Tire Tanks, Pond Management, Riparian Areas – Kerr Center Staff
– New Use for Old Tires
– Watering Systems for Serious Graziers
– Alternative Livestock Watering Systems
– Watering Systems for Cattle Ponds
– Resources for Pond Management
– Riparian Area Management Techniques
– Protecting Water Quality While Healing Erosion Caused by Livestock Trails
– Ranch Management Practices to Improve Water Quality