Can We Grow Crops and Monarchs? Risks and Benefits of Monarch Habitat in Agricultural Landscapes Join this free webinar with presenters Steven Bradbury (Iowa State University) and Dr. Niranjana Krishnan (Missouri S&T).
This free webinar is first-come, first-served, with a capacity of 500 attendees. Register early to ensure a place.
May 24, 2022, is the deadline to apply for a Meat and Poultry Inspection Readiness Grant (MPIRG) from the USDA.
The Meat and Poultry Inspection Readiness Grant (MPIRG) program assists currently operational meat and poultry slaughter and processing facilities in obtaining a Federal Grant of Inspection under the Federal Meat Inspection Act (FMIA) or the Poultry Products Inspection Act (PPIA); or to operate as a State-inspected facility that is compliant with FMIA or PPIA under a respective Cooperative Interstate Shipment (CIS) program.
The MPIRG focuses on:
- Improving meat and poultry slaughter and processing capacity and efficiency;
- Developing new and expanding existing markets;
- Increasing capacity and better meeting consumer and producer demand;
- Maintaining strong inspection and food safety standards;
- Obtaining a larger commercial presence; and
- Increasing access to slaughter/processing facilities for smaller farms and ranches, new and beginning farmers and ranchers, socially disadvantaged producers, veteran producers, and/or underserved communities.
The deadline for submitting applications for the 2022 Request for Applications is May 24, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time.
NCAT is presenting a free, four-part webinar series led by agriculture specialists Justin Morris and Lee Rinehart. Advanced Grazing for Regenerating Soil and Enhancing Animal Nutrition focuses on advanced concepts in taking regenerative grazing to the next level. Dates are April 21, May 12, May 26, and June 9, 2022.
Newsletter: See Latest Issue
The Kerr Center is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Education/Horticulture Program Manager, based in Poteau, Oklahoma.